Luckily my hands have mostly recovered. My left hand may be permanently damaged, because the muscles in my palm (especially the pad below my thumb) were cut off from the nerve, so they atrophied. If I crochet too long, my hand aches due to my muscles not used to being used. Luckily I found some awesome compression gloves that help a ton. I'm hoping that by crocheting and doing hand exercises, my hand will improve. However, my doctor told me that there is a chance that it will never recover. If that's the case, then I accept it. I'll take what I can get!
I have been able to crochet mostly pain-free again, though! I've decided to make a few blogposts about what I've made in the past few years as I suffered and recovered. It isn't nearly as much as I wish it was, but seriously. I couldn't use my hands for a lot of things.
The first in my handful of updates is something I made for my middle son about 3 years ago for Christmas. He fell in love with a PBS show called Peep in the Big Wide World, and I happily made these cuties for a special surprise for him. He has loved them to death over the years. (Seriously).
Aren't they adorable?
I made up the patterns myself, which I prefer to do. I did not write them down, though. They were pretty simple to make and I'm pretty sure I could figure them out all over again if I needed to.

No comments:
Post a Comment