Friday, December 9, 2016

Pikachu, I Choose You!

Pokemon Go! came out this past summer and my kids were put into full Pokemon trainer mode. We'd set off on long adventures, walking to parks, going to the lake, and anywhere else we thought we'd successfully find our fun little virtual friends. I have never seen so much of the city and state that I live in as I did this past summer.

My youngest son, the 3-year-old, took a liking to Pikachu, so I whipped up a little one that he could easily carry in one of his chubby-still-baby-like hands.

Look how little he is! The tail was a nightmare. I ended up having to find someone else's pattern for it, and I'm so glad I did. (The link to the tail is on the bottom of the post.)

 I love this little guy!

His sweet face.

Pikachu has gone all over with us since coming off the hook. He has slid down giant, swirling sides, been thrown through the air across playgrounds, fields, and walkways. He has ridden in the 3-year-old's cup holder on long car rides, has been swung about by his tail in wild, fast circles, and has been snuggled in the 3-year-old's sleep, never too far away. 

I even got a fist bump for completing it! 


Here's a link to the tail pattern I used: Pikachu Tail

No comments: