Friday, December 9, 2016

Pinch Me!

My best friend, who is seriously a sister to me, has a lovely Irish heritage, one that she has fully embraced. I love it about her.

Back in March this year, since the surgery went so well and I was feeling better, I decided to make something fun for her and my little nieces and nephews for St. Patrick's Day. 

I found the perfect little black pot and filled it with chocolate gold coins, a bag of m&ms, a bag of skittles, and this ADORABLE little guy: 

He was much taller than I thought he would be!

I used a pattern from Fresh Stitches by Stacey Trock, because her pattern was just too cute to pass up. He took some time, (the hat was half his body size) but he was so worth it. When he was finished, my 3-year-old declared him his and sent him down his little slide over and over again until I snatched him up in the night and put him in his pot of gold with all of the other goodies and sent him off in the mail to his new home. 

I will definitely have to make another leprechaun for my own house this next year. I'm going to name him Blarney.

No comments: