I really wanted to make something for Iris that could be somewhat of a reminder of that day and the tremendous blessings in store for her!
I looked at numerous doll patterns and chose this baby bunting doll pattern. I didn't feel it was quite what I wanted, though. I decided to axe the ruffles on the sleeves and cut out the bonnet altogether. Instead, I crocheted the doll a little white headband and weaved some lace in the middle. I crocheted some little white flowers and sewed those on to the headband and some on the dress of the doll. I really wanted the doll to have a face, too, so I embroidered it on. (It took me FOREVER like, 2 hours. I really, really dislike embroidering. However, after 5 or 6 attempts, I finally got it right and learned a ton in the process!)
I think the end result was exactly what I wanted and absolutely perfect! (Of course, I forgot to take pictures of the doll before giving it to them. I was too excited for their special day!) Here are some pictures Iris's parent's took of her and her doll!!!
![]() |
| Isn't Iris beautiful? She has the BLUEST eyes I have ever seen!!! |
![]() |
| Good shot of the headband! And a gorgeous shot of Iris. =] |
![]() |
| Close up of the doll. (The flowers are in the corner by Iris) |
To learn about what sealings are and how families can be together forever, go here!
Thanks, S and L for letting me use your pictures! =]



No comments:
Post a Comment